Monday, March 5, 2012

This is James' first......

Surgery!

On Sunday morning I received a phone call from one of the neonatologist at OSF. He talked about the result of the echocardiogram on James' PDA. I had a hunch that a surgery might be needed, and I was right. The reason James needed a surgery was because they found a diastolic backflow to his lungs. While the size of PDA has decreased, they don't think the backflow will do anything good for James. Dr. Javed told me that he talked to a cardiac surgeon and that Monday would be a good day to have the surgery.

We weren't happy nor sad when we heard the news about the news. We both realized that it needed to be done, so we went for it.

So.. on Sunday evening we watched a similar procedure found on YouTube as a preview. We both found it fascinating, although Ryan had to leave for 20 seconds. He said he wasn't fainting, but who knew. haha.
If you're really really curious about how the procedure is done... click here. I dare you. mwahahaha.

So Monday is finally here....

I gotta sing.

Monday Monday... badaaaabadaaadaaa so good to me....
Monday Monday.. it was all I hope it would beeeeeeeeeeeeee................
*courtesy of The Mamas & the Papas.

James' surgery was supposed to take place at 2 PM, but it got pushed to 6 PM. So we just hang out the whole day by his side. The surgery itself only took 45 minutes and was uneventful. We were told that little babies tend to get sick after the surgery. It makes sense, someone just did something to the body, now the body tries to adjust with the new change. Dr. Hocker the neonatologist just came and said "He's looking pretty good. Hopefully he won't get too sick."

So, please continue to pray with us for James. Oh by the way, he'll be 1 month old on the 9th. YEAH!!

Until tomorrow,
exhausted and hungry parents,
Ryan & Gabby

1 comment:

  1. I am soooooo glad to hear he is almost a month old. What a fighter he is. I will keep you and James in my prayers.

    Lisa Woldow

    ReplyDelete