Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sleepy Baby

James is still busy sleeping and gaining weight. Nothing much has changed from yesterday. He will soon receive a medication to help his lungs mature so that he may be off of the jet ventilator. It's a long way, really. James is taking this process slow. He's the boss, I suppose. Even though today isn't St. Paddy's day he is looking pretty handsome in his green onesie. It has a hippo wearing sunglasses with a caption "I am hip". 




The nurse asks if I wanted to do kangaroo with him. Well of course!!! The nurse let me have an hour of kangaroo and my oh my it feels like heaven! James starts to doze off for the last 30 minutes. It makes me want to fall asleep too. Sleepy baby is so content :) 
Oh, who would have thought that tiny babies have short yet sharp nails? James scratches my skin a couple times and I thought it was Ryan. I was ready to tell him to stop but when I look down....well... that's my baby's hand.. never mind. Har har har. Still no eye exam. They're going to do it next week. Please continue to pray for James. Pray that God helps James to grow and tolerates his O2 weaning, as well as good result for his eye exam.





No comments:

Post a Comment