Monday, April 16, 2012

Pictures :)

Ryan and I went to visit James on Saturday and Sunday. We went to see him specifically during his afternoon feeding because we'd like to introduce him to the true source of milk. mwahaha. Anyways, I worked with a lactation nurse on Friday to get an idea how to hold him during breastfeed. On Saturday we had a different lactation nurse to help... let's just say it wasn't how I wanted it to be. I didn't feel the connection with the lactation nurse... and James' nurse wasn't engaging with the whole thing.. it was just....weird. James didn't like what was happening and kept disaturate (sp?). I ended up doing kangaroo with him. Even then he wasn't doing well with his oxygenation - so we put him back to bed. 





wakey wakey, eggs and bakey. 

no more pictures Daddy! I am not ready!


Sunday came.... I wasn't sure if I wanted to practice doing breastfeed with James since he wasn't doing good with his oxygenation the day before. The nurse said that he's been great the whole day though...so.. fingers crossed.
Finally saw James after 4 days not feeling well. 

So... I set up two pillows by my right side as a support for my right arm... then I held James like holding a football... he's so small... and wiggly.... he wouldn't stay still. So.... the nurse decided to place a pillow on my lap for James to lay. Anyways... we didn't think James would even have any idea of what to do during this...gig. Well, James proved us all wrong. He did a great job! He was a little confused at first, but then he latched. It was an amazing moment. 

All that hard work tired him.


Full tummy, cozy and warm. 

James is finally finished with his Decadron treatment. Hopefully he'll stay good with his oxygenation, tolerates his feeding and starts gaining weight. 

Thanks for praying for James. He is doing wonderful :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad the three of you are getting some touch time. I can not wait to meet the little guy. Love the posts

    ReplyDelete