Thursday, April 12, 2012

Haven't seen the boy for 3 days...(update - w/ a picture)

Tuesday I saw my classmates at nursing school
Wednesday I went to prompt care... hello sinus infection!
Thursday I thank for antibiotics my head is no longer about to explode
Friday I will go up to see the boy :)

****
James' grandma took a picture of him today.

Did you see those fingers??? By golly he knew I haven't seen him for 3 days! Gasp!
Don't worry baby boy, mama is coming!!


I talked to the nurse today.. not a whole lot of update about James. He is still at 2 L of O2.. between 29% - 35%. He nipples once a day with a bottle. Today he took the whole bottle (20ml), which is awesome! I can't wait till I get to breastfeed him..... TMI? sorry. I am just sooooo excited to get a break from the machine.

James lost about 85 grams in the past 6 days... I wonder if it's due to his current medication (corticosteroid) and the fact that he works more to breathe on his own.. and from nippling... will ask the doctor tomorrow.

The nursery is still in progress, but it's coming! Will post the before and now pictures later. I hope everyone is having a great day. It's almost weekend :)

stay positive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment